This recipe was inspired by Cookie and Kate but changed slightly. Serve with a good quality steak, lamb, chicken, eggs, fish or your choice of protein. Serves 4 as a side dish.
Turmeric Spiced Roasted Whole Cauliflower
1 medium cauliflower
3 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil, divided, plus more for drizzling
2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
Handful of parsley
Salt & pepper
- For the Turmeric Sauce
1/2 cup greek yoghurt (or you can use coconut yoghurt as a dairy free alternative)
2 Tbsp olive oil
1/2 lemon juice
1 tsp ground cumin
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1 tsp maple syrup or honey
1/2 tsp coriander
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C and loosely line a baking sheet with baking paper.
- Slice the bottom of the core off the cauliflower so that it sits evenly on the baking sheet. Drizzle 1½ tablespoons of the olive oil over the cauliflower and use your hands to coat it evenly. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and roast for 45 minutes.
- To make the sauce: In a small bowl, combine the yogurt, olive oil, lemon juice, cumin, coriander, turmeric, maple syrup, pinch of salt and pepper.
- Remove the cauliflower from the oven and use a fork to gently start to pull apart the crevices of the cauliflower. Pour another 1½ tablespoons of olive oil and the lemon juice over the cauliflower, especially into the crevices. Return the cauliflower to the oven and roast for another 15 minutes.
- Remove the cauliflower from the oven and spread 1/2 of the yogurt sauce all over. Roast for another 15 minutes.
- Remove the cauliflower from the oven. It should be tender outside and fork-tender inside. Top the cauliflower with more sauce and sprinkle with the parsley and toasted pine nuts (optional). Slice into quarters and serve with extra greens and the remaining sauce on the side.