This easy to prepare Mexican salad will not take you longer then 20 minutes to whip up. Use any leftover vegetables you have in the fridge and add to salad. I used the El Paso Taco Seasoning mixture as it is so yummy, alternatively you can use a combination of paprika, cumin and salt.
500gm premium beef mince
1 onion, chopped finely
2 garlic cloves, chopped finely
1 packet of Taco Seasoning (or use 1 tsp each of ground cumin, dried oregano, ground paprika, garlic powder, onion powder and 1/4 tsp each of chilli powder, sea salt, black pepper)
4 large handfuls of salad (grated carrot, beetroot, cabbage, spinach, lettuce)
1 punnet cherry tomatoes, chopped in half
1 capsicum, chopped finely
4 Tbsp sour cream
1 avocado, sliced thinly
Small handful of grated cheese
1/2 can tinned tomatoes
- Heat 1-2 tbsp olive oil over medium heat in a fry pan and add the onions, garlic and mince. Stir to combine and cook for approx 10-15 minutes. Add the taco seasoning and canned tomatoes and mix.
- Cook for another 10 minutes or so until mince is cooked to your liking.
- Prepare the salads on 3-4 plates. Mix all ingredients together and top with avocado. Add any vegetable you like- the more the better!
- Top each salad plate with some mince, 1 Tbsp sour cream and a sprinkle of cheese.
- Garnish with parsley or basil or spring onions.