Chocolate peanut butter energy balls are healthy, no-bake, vegan, peanut butter chia seed and almond balls with dark chocolate chips. 100% Paleo + gluten-free + grain-free.
Low Carb Chocolate Peanut Butter Balls
1 cup sliced almonds
1/4 cup sunflower seeds
1 Tbsp chia seeds
2 Tbsp LSA (or ground flaxseeds)
1 Tbsp cacao powder
1 tsp cinnamon
1/4 cup desiccated coconut
1/4 cup dark chocolate chips
1/2 cup natural peanut butter (like Pic’s or Fix and Fogg)
1 Tbsp honey or maple syrup
4-5 Tbsp water
- In a large mixing bowl, add all the dry ingredients (apart from the chocolate chips), stir to combine, set aside.
- In a small bowl, add the liquid ingredients: peanut butter and honey/ maple syrup, microwave 20-30 seconds. This step will soften the peanut butter making it easier to combine with the dry ingredients. Don’t over-warm.
- Pour the liquid ingredients onto the dry ingredients, combine using a spatula until it forms a sticky batter that you can easily shape into granola balls. Add the chocolate chips. Add in 3 Tbsp water, mix then add more if you think you need more until mixture is easy for you to roll.
- Slightly grease your hands with coconut oil, then roll mixture into 12 balls. Place the balls onto baking paper in a container in the freezer for 10 minutes.
- Store up to 3 weeks in the fridge and enjoy x