Gluten and dairy free 15 minute healthy dinner or lunch meal. Low Carb, High Fat.
Satay Chicken with Cauliflower Rice
400g chicken breast, sliced in chunks
1 Tbsp olive oil
2 tsp finely chopped ginger
2 cloves garlic, chopped
1 onion, chopped finely
1 Tbsp kecap manis (use GF to make recipe GF)
2 heaped Tbsp crunchy peanut butter (Pic’s or Fix and Fogg)
½ lemon, juice
½ -1 cup coconut milk (depends on how much sauce you like)
2-3 cups green beans, chopped
1 capsicum, finely sliced
1/2 head cauliflower, grated
Salt & pepper
- Heat a little bit of oil in a fry pan over medium heat. Add the cauliflower rice and cook for 5-6 minutes until lightly brown. Put to side for serving.
- Heat the oil in a large fry pan over high heat. Add the onions, garlic, ginger and stir-fry for 3 minutes.
- Add the chicken and cook for another 5-6 minutes until lightly brown.
- Add the beans and capsicum (and any other vegetable you have on hand) and mix to combine.
- Combine the coconut milk, peanut butter, lemon and kecap manis together in a small jug then tip into the fry pan.
- Turn heat down and cook on low for another 5 minutes.
- Serve on top of the cauliflower rice and garnish with coriander.