This dish was inspired by Jamie Oliver with a few changes on the ingredients. I halved the rice and substituted with cauliflower rice to ramp up the fibre content. Very simple, tasty dish. Add in extra spices/ herbs for flavour if you feel like you need it.
Prawn & Capsicum Rice Bake
500g prawns, raw
4 garlic cloves, diced
1 red onion, thinly sliced
Extra virgin olive oil
4 capsicum, cored and sliced horizontally into four parts
1 cup basmati or risotto rice
2.5 cups chicken stock
1/2 head cauliflower, grated
2 small chorizo sausages, sliced (select GF chorizo to make recipe GF)
Large handful of parsley
Salt & Pepper
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius and place the capsicum on a roasting tray. Drizzle with olive oil and bake in the oven for 15 minutes. Put aside.
- Heat a fry pan with medium heat and drizzle with olive oil. Saute’ the garlic, onions and chorizo for a few minutes until crispy. Put aside in a bowl.
- Pour the chicken stock, rice and cauliflower rice in the same fry pan. Place the sliced capsicum on top of the rice and bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes.
- In the same bowl as the chorizo, onion and garlic mixture, place the raw prawns in. Squeeze the lemons and grate the rind on the lemons. Add into the bowl. Chop up a handful of parsley and add.
- Place the prawns, chorizo, garlic and onions on top of the rice/ capsicum dish. Drizzle with olive oil and season to taste. Bake in the oven for another 10 minutes.
- Garnish with parsley and extra olive oil/ lemon juice.