This gluten free simple salad is packed full of flavour, nutrients and dietary fibre. A salad that will make a great side to a summer BBQ or a simple dinner/ lunch meal idea.
Curried Cauliflower & Kumara Salad
- For the Salad
1/2 cup dry roasted cashews
1 head cauliflower – cut into florets, about 6 cups
1 large sweet potato – cut into 1/2-inch pieces, about 3 cups
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
1.5 Tbsp curry powder
2 tsp ground chilli powder
1.5 tsp salt
1 tsp ground turmeric
- For the Dressing
1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt (or DF alternative is coconut greek yoghurt)
3 Tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
1 tsp honey
1 tsp curry powder
1/2 tsp salt
3/4 tsp ground cumin
1/4 tsp garlic powder
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees on fan bake and pre-line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Boil some water in a medium sauce pan and place the chopped kumara in here and cook for ten minutes.
- In a bowl, add the cauliflower, kumara, olive oil, curry powder, chili powder, salt, and turmeric. Toss to coat the vegetables until the oil and spices are as evenly distributed as possible.
- Place the vegetables onto the baking tray and bake in the oven for 15 minutes until they are tender and crisp.
- While the vegetables bake, make the dressing. Stir together the Greek yogurt, lemon juice, honey, curry powder, salt, cumin, garlic powder.
- Assemble the salad in a large bowl and drizzle the dressing on top. You can add other ingredients such as dried cranberries, chickpeas and coriander. Be creative!