This is a great paleo lunch/ dinner meal or accompanied as a side dish. Gluten and Dairy free with only 5 ingredients!
Brussel Sprout, Bacon & Walnut Salad
400-500g brussel sprouts
250-300g good quality bacon. My choice is Henderson’s
1/4 cup chopped walnuts
2-3 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 Tbsp Manuka honey
50g feta (optional)
- Halve the brussel sprouts and cut the bitter ends off. Dice the bacon.
- Heat a non-stick fry pan over medium heat with a generous amount of olive oil. Fry the bacon and brussel sprouts until cooked together.
- In another pan (or use the same pan) heat approx 1 Tbsp olive oil on low heat and lightly toast the walnuts with the honey.
- Toss all together and enjoy!
- You can add in more vegetables, crumble a bit of feta on top to add flavour and variety.