Whip this up to have for breakfast, lunch or dinner. You can turn any vegetable into a fritter so make sure you don’t let any go to waste in the fridge. Gluten and dairy free.
1 small head broccoli, florets chopped very small
3 Tbsp almond meal
1/2 onion, diced finely
1/2 tsp herb & garlic salt
1/4-1/2 tsp chilli flakes
1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Place the small broccoli florets into a microwave proof bowl and heat in microwave for 3 minutes until they are just cooked (alternative is to steam them but to not overcook them so they are soggy).
- Sauté the onions in a small fry pan over medium heat until they are just cooked.
- Place the onions, broccoli, egg, almond meal and the herbs in a small bowl and mix together until combined. Divide the mixture into four patties with your hands.
- Heat the olive oil over medium heat and cook the patties for 3-4 minutes each side.
- Serve with a squeeze of lemon, extra salad and hummus.