You could use grated broccoli or cauliflower for this recipe and add in any random vegetables you have in the fridge. Paleo/ Gluten/ Dairy Friendly.
Broccoli Fried Rice
1 head broccoli, grated
1 capsicum, thinly sliced
1 cup mushrooms, chopped
3 spring onions, finely sliced
2 cloves garlic, chopped
2 carrots, chopped into sticks
150g chorizo, chopped (but you can swap this for another protein source e.g bacon, beans, chicken, beef, fish, etc)
2 Tbsp sweet chilli sauce
2 Tbsp coconut amino seasoning (or soy sauce)
- Heat 1 tbsp olive oil on a fry pan over medium heat and saute the garlic with the carrots for a few minutes.
- Add in the mushrooms, capsicum and fry for another 2-3 minutes or so. Add in the broccoli rice and the sauces. Cook for another 3-4 minutes.
- Crack in the eggs and mix to combine. Cook for another couple of minutes until the eggs are cooked through.
- Season to taste then garnish with the spring onions and cooked chorizo.
- Add in extra fresh herbs like coriander or parsley or some chilli.