These Healthy Banana Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Muffins are super easy to make. All you need is one bowl and some pantry staples. Simply mix the dry and wet ingredients in separate bowls then fold the wet ingredients into the dry. Mix in some chocolate chips then divide the batter between a greased muffin tin. With barely any refined sugar, saturated fat and no additives/ preservatives these muffins are a great alternative for your kids lunches or snack to bring to work compared to the store-bought ones!
Banana Choc Chip Oat Muffins
3 cups rolled oats (can use GF oats)
1/4 cup buckwheat flour
2 Tbsp coconut sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp baking soda
2 free range eggs
¼ cup Manuka honey
2 bananas, mashed
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup unsweetened almond milk
¼ cup coconut oil
¼ cup chopped walnuts
1 cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees. Grease a muffin pan with butter.
- In a large bowl combine the oats, sugar, cinnamon and baking soda.
- In a medium bowl combine eggs, honey, mashed bananas, vanilla, almond milk and coconut oil.
- Add the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. Stir until combined, do not over-mix. Fold in the chocolate chips and walnuts.
- Scoop batter evenly into prepared muffin tin. Bake for 30 minutes or until set and the tops are slightly brown.
- Allow muffins to cool in pan for 10 mins then remove to cool completely. Serve immediately with a small amount of butter or portion out and freeze for future use!