Gluten and Dairy Free, Family & Budget Friendly while only taking 20 minutes to make! This meal is super balanced with a great source of protein (prawns), complex carbs (vegetables and rice noodles) and healthy fats (olive oil). So will make a great post or pre-workout meal with all the essentials needed to maximise your performance and recovery!
Thai Prawn, Ginger & Spring Onion Stir-Fry
300g raw, tiger prawns
1 red chilli, chopped (optional)
3 garlic cloves, 1 crushed and 2 finely sliced
1 bunch coriander, leaves and stalks separated
1 Tbsp coconut or brown sugar
Juice of 1 lemon
3 Tbsp fish sauce
2 Tbsp olive oil
3cm piece ginger, finely sliced, then shredded
8 spring onions, finely sliced
1 capsicum, thinly sliced
1 bunch asparagus, stalks removed and chopped in half
1 Tbsp GF soy sauce or Tamari
250g brown rice noodles
- Put the prawns in a bowl. Put the chilli, garlic, coriander stalks (snip these up using scissors first) and coconut/brown sugar in a small food processor and whizz together. Add half of the lemon juice and the fish sauce, then pour this over the prawns.
- Boil some water in a sauce pan and cook the rice noodles as per instructions on packet.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a fry pan or wok, add the ginger and spring onions and fry for 1 min.
- Add the capsicum and asparagus and fry for 1 min, until soften.
- Add the soy sauce and a really good grind of black pepper, then tip the lot into a serving dish.
- Heat the remaining oil in the wok and add the prawns, lifting them out of their juices. Toss for 1-2 mins until they turn pink, add the marinade and swirl the wok quickly, then tip the lot onto the veg and add the noodles.
- Snip over the coriander leaves and sprinkle on the remaining lemon.
- Serve over noodles with extra lime for squeezing over. Garnish with more coriander and season to taste.