Nothing beats perfectly crunchy and crispy potatoes. Potatoes are a great side dish with any main meal really- you just cant go wrong! This recipe takes a little longer then normal to cook but be patient, they are worth it!
The Perfect Roast Potatoes
500-700gm potatoes (washed and peeled and cut into small chunks)
1/4 cup olive oil (approx)
1 tsp salt
2 sprigs rosemary
- Preheat the oven to 190º on fanbake.
- Fill a pan with water and boil. Place the potatoes in the boiling water for turn down to simmer for approx 10-15 minutes until the potatoes are slightly cooked.
- Drain the water out of the pan and place the potatoes in a colander to ensure all water has been drained out.
- Place potatoes back into the pan and add the olive oil along with the salt.
- Mix the potatoes around with the olive oil quite heavy handed so the outside of the potatoes are covered in oil and salt.
- Place the potatoes on a pre lined baking paper tray and in the oven for approx. 45-60 mins until nice and crispy.
- Serve with your main meal and a side of greens.