Lemons are in season so lets make the most of them! You can swap the spelt flour for almond meal or any other flour to make it completely gluten free. Perfect snack to go with a cup of tea or coffee.
1 cup greek yoghurt
1/2 cup olive oil
1/2 cup honey
1 lemon zest
1/4 cup lemon juice
1.5 cups spelt flour (or any other flour)
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
- For the Icing
1 lemon juice and zest
1 cup icing sugar
- Preheat the oven for 180 degrees C. Grease a loaf pan and line with baking paper.
- In a large bowl, combine the yoghurt, olive oil, honey, lemon zest and lemon juice. Add the eggs in one at a time, whisking until completely smooth.
- Add the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Whisk until just combined, but a few lumps is fine.
- Transfer the batter into the loaf pan and place in the oven immediately. Bake for 30-35 minutes, until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Cool for 15-20 minutes in the pan before transferring to a cooling rack.
- To make the icing: Mix the soft butter together with the icing sugar and lemon. Garnish the loaf with lemon zest. Slice and enjoy with a cup of tea!