This easy recipe for fluffy gluten free pancakes is a great sweet breakfast. Add your favourite toppings like berries, yoghurt, maple syrup, nut butter and seeds.
1/3 cup Greek yogurt or coconut yoghurt
2 Tbsp honey
3 large eggs
1 tsp cinnamon (you can reduce this, I just love cinnamon)
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
2 Tbsp coconut oil
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 cup coconut flour
Fresh fruit, yoghurt, seeds, nut butter, maple syrup
- In a large bowl, whisk together the Greek yogurt, honey, eggs, cinnamon and vanilla.
- Once combined, whisk in the coconut oil. If the oil re-solidifies, microwave the bowl for a few seconds to re-liquify it.
- Sprinkle the baking powder, baking soda, and salt over the top. Sprinkle on the coconut flour. With a rubber spatula, stir just until the flour disappears and no large lumps remain.
- Let rest for 10 minutes (this allows the flour to absorb some of the liquid and the batter to thicken, and will keep your pancakes from becoming dry).
- Preheat a nonstick fry pan over low to medium-low heat. Once the fry pan is hot (and not a second before), portion the pancakes by 1 tablespoon batter each (do not be tempted to make them larger or they will not flip).
- Cook for 3 1/2 to 4 full minutes (it’s longer than you think). Flip and cook on the other side then enjoy with your favourite toppings.