A warming curry with fresh ingredients that pairs perfectly with basmati or cauliflower rice.
Coconut Fish Curry
4 large fresh fish fillets
1 garlic clove, crushed
1 tin of tomatoes, crushed (420g)
1 tsp turmeric
1-2 tsp fresh ginger, grated
1 tsp mild curry powder
1-2 Tbsp olive oil
1 brown onion, finely chopped
1 small tin coconut cream (165g)
1 bunch coriander (optional)
- Heat oil in a large frypan.
- Add onion and cook over medium heat until translucent.
- Add curry powder, turmeric, garlic and ginger and fry until fragrant, stirring to prevent sticking.
- Add tomatoes and cook on a low/medium heat until the sauce thickens.
- Add the coconut cream and stir through.
- Add the fish making sure it is covered with the sauce and continues to cook until fish is cooked.
- Gently move the fish around to ensure even cooking. Do not stir too hard or the fish will break up and you want it to remain whole.
- Serve topped with coriander, if using.
- Serve with steamed rice, steamed greens or crusty bread.