I played around with these brownies and managed to get them just right on the second attempt. I am not a huge brownie fan as they always make me feel sick after eating them but these ones are perfect for when you need that sweet fix! Dairy free but does contain some gluten from the oats.
Chocolate Banana Brownies
1 1/2 cups oat flour (or grind 1 1/2 cups oats in a processor)
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
3 Tbsp melted coconut oil
3 bananas, mashed
7 Tbsp honey
1/2 cup unsweetened coconut milk
1/2 cup chocolate chips
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 180° C. Pre-line a 8 x 8 pan with baking paper.
- In a bowl, whisk together the oats, cocoa powder, baking soda and baking powder.
- In a separate bowl or blender, stir together the oil, eggs, and mashed banana. Mix in the milk and honey.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ones and stir until well incorporated.
- Fold in the chocolate chips and all the walnuts.
- Spread mixture into the pan. Bake for about 35-40 minutes.
- Take it out and let cool before cutting.