This loaf is super moist and tastes delicious, it’s also gluten free and dairy free.
Carrot, Banana & Sultana Loaf
200g almond meal/flour
130g gluten free flour
2 tsp cinnamon
2 tsp baking powder
Pinch of salt
2 large overripe bananas
2 large carrots (or 3 small)
3/4 cup sultanas
4 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
2 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 cup maple syrup
1/3 cup walnuts, chopped (optional)
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius and line a loaf tin with baking paper.
- Grate the carrots and set aside. Place the sultanas in a small bowl and cover with boiling water so they soften, and set aside as well.
- Combine the almond meal, plain flour, cinnamon, baking powder and salt in a large mixing bowl.
- Separately, mash the bananas into a puree and then whisk in the eggs, olive oil, vanilla and maple syrup
- Add the banana mixture to the dry ingredients and combine. Drain the sultanas out of the hot water. Add the sultanas and grated carrot into the batter.
- Pour the mixture into your lined loaf tin, smooth down the top evenly and bake for 45-50 minutes or until the loaf is golden brown and firm to touch across the top. Allow to cool slightly before removing from the tin and slicing.