This super easy and tasty recipe is so quick to prepare! Use your leftovers along with several handfuls of spinach ( I am a huge spinach fan and love it so I am quite heavy handed haha). Packed full of polyphenols, protein, B Vitamins and iron, this is the easiest lunch option I have ever made. Get creative and add anything to your frittata’s as this is just a basic recipe to use.
Simple Spinach Frittata
1 large packet of thawed frozen spinach OR 4 large handfuls of fresh spinach
1/4 cup milk (optional or non dairy milk)
2 garlic cloves, chopped finely
1 leek, chopped finely
1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes
1 capsicum, diced
1 cup mushrooms, chopped thinly
1/4 cup parmesan
1 tsp basil Or 2 drops doTERRA Basil Oil
1 tsp coriander Or 2 drops doTERRA Coriander Oil
1/2 block of feta, crumbled
- Sauté leeks and garlic in 1 Tbsp olive oil in a frying pan you can use in an oven (preheat to 180 degrees)
- Add mushrooms and capsicum and cook for another 2-3 minutes. Add sun-dried tomatoes.
- Whisk eggs, milk, basil, coriander and parmesan together. Pour mixture over the sautéed vegetables evenly and crumble the feta on top. Simmer on low for 5 minutes.
- Bake in oven for 10-15 minutes until frittata is completely cooked through.
- Serve with a large green crispy salad or some green vegetables and season accordingly.