This delicious, colourful and nutritious salad will be a great lunch idea or side dish for a main meal. The roasted honey pumpkin gives it a sweet flavour which matches nicely with the salty Halloumi.
Halloumi, Pumpkin and Spinach Salad
100-120g Halloumi, sliced
4 handfuls of spinach
250g pumpkin, chopped into small chunks
1 Tbsp honey
1 Tbsp olive oil
1 tsp cumin
1 capsicum, thinly sliced
1/2 large cucumber, thinly sliced
Small handful of cranberries
2 tomatoes, sliced into cubes
2 Tbsp avocado oil
1/2 lemon, squeezed
- Pre-heat the oven to 180ºC and pre-line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Place the honey, olive oil and cumin in a bowl and add the chopped pumpkin then toss to combine. Place on baking tray and bake in oven for approx. 15 minutes until nicely roasted.
- Heat a fry pan over medium heat with some olive oil and cook haloumi approx. 2 minutes each side until just brown.
- Place spinach, capsicum, cucumber, cranberries, tomato onto two plates then top off with the pumpkin and haloumi.
- Drizzle 1 Tbsp avocado oil onto each plate along with some lemon juice and mix to combine. Season to taste.