This gluten free, paleo chocolate cake is a great dessert or afternoon snack idea to satisfy those sweet cravings. I personally don’t like chocolate cake as it usually makes me feel sick after (or too rich) but this recipe is perfect WITHOUT all the added sugar and cream!
Gluten Free Chocolate Cake
4 large eggs
2 Tbsp honey
1 tsp xylitol
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup almond meal
1/4 cup rice flour
2 Tbsp cacao powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
100g Whittakers Chocolate
- For the Icing
1 Tbsp cacao powder
2 Tbsp coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 180 ºC on fan-bake. Grease a cake pan with some butter/ oil or pre-line it with baking paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, honey and vanilla extract.
- Gradually whisk in the almond flour, rice flour and cacao powder.
- Melt the chocolate in a small sauce pan with a little bit of coconut milk (if needed) and add into the batter. Mix to combine.
- Finally, whisk in the salt and baking soda. The batter will be fairly thin. Pour the batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake until center is set, and a toothpick inserted in it comes out clean, 30-35 minutes. Cool the cake on a cooling rack.
- To make the icing: heat the chocolate, cacao power and coconut oil in a small sauce pan and then spread on top of the cake.
- Serve warm with a dollop of coconut yoghurt.