This easy to prepare Chicken fried Rice is a great way to hide extra vegetables in for those fussy easters at home! You can use any meat/ fish/ prawns/ tofu as an alternative for chicken. With minimal ingredients, this will be one of your favourite go-to recipes when you are short for time. I used basmati rice in this recipe but feel free to use cauliflower or broccoli rice.
Chicken Fried Rice
1 1/2 cups basmati rice
3 cups water
1 1/2 cup peas
1 onion, chopped finely
2 cloves garlic, chopped
1 tsp fresh ginger
500gms chicken, chopped into small chunks
1 capsicum, thinly sliced
1 cup mushrooms, chopped
1 head broccoli, chopped
1 courgette, chopped finely
2 Tbsp soy sauce
2 Tbsp sweet chilli sauce
2 Tbsp sesame oil
- Cook the rice in a rice cooker with the water.
- Heat the sesame oil in a fry pan over medium heat and add the ginger, garlic and onions. Stir to combine for a couple of minutes.
- Add the chicken and cook until brown. Add in the vegetables (capsicum, courgette, mushrooms, broccoli) and mix to combine.
- Add in the rice, peas and sauces (feel free to add more sauce if you like). Mix together for another 5 minutes or so.
- Turn the heat down to low and crack the eggs in the rice mixture. Mix until the eggs are cooked through.
- Season to taste. Serve in a bowl or on a plate with a side of greens and garnish with some coriander (optional).