These delicious breakfast bars can be eaten as a snack or quick breakfast option. Packed full of fibre and other goodness, they will satisfy those taste buds when you feel like something sweet!
Blueberry & Oat Breakfast Bars
2 cups oats
2/3 cup almond meal
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 cup almond or coconut milk
3 Tbsp maple syrup (or honey)
1 Tbsp cinnamon
1/3 cup mixed seeds
1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
1 1/2 cups blueberries
- Preheat oven on fan-bake at 180 ºC. Pre-line a baking tray (8 x 8 inches) with baking paper or grease with a little bit of oil/butter.
- Combine the dry ingredients (oats, baking powder, baking soda, almond meal, cinnamon) together in a large mixing bowl.
- Place the wet ingredients (banana, egg, milk, maple syrup) in a food processor or nutri-bullet and mix to combine.
- Fold the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients- do not over mix. Add in the seeds, blueberries and walnuts.
- Pour into pre-prepared tray and bake in oven for 40-45 mins or so. Test to see if the middle is cooked by placing a stick or knife inside. If this comes out sticky, then place back in oven for another 5 minutes.
- Leave to cool for at least 10-15 minutes and then slice into small bars.
- Serve immediately or store in fridge for up to 5 days or freeze for a couple of months.