This quick and easy Mexican rice, capsicum and healthy beef mince dish topped with sour cream and avocado is the perfect weeknight dinner. Paleo and Gluten Friendly.
Mexican Mince and Rice One Pan Dish
2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
1 red onion, halved, sliced
2 red or green capsicum, chopped
2 garlic cloves, crushed
2 tsp smoked paprika
2 tsp dried oregano
1 tsp ground cumin
500g beef mince
2 Tbsp no-added-salt tomato paste
1 cup salt-reduced beef stock (GF) or beef broth
250g packet 2-minute brown and wild rice blend
Sour cream, to serve
Chopped avocado, to serve
Fresh coriander sprigs, to serve
- Heat oil in large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add onion and capsicums. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until starting to brown.
- Add garlic, paprika, oregano and cumin. Cook, stirring, for 30 seconds or until fragrant.
- Add mince. Cook, breaking up mince with a wooden spoon for 6 to 8 minutes or until browned.
- Add tomato paste, stock and 1/2 cup water. Bring to a simmer.
- Stir in rice. Reduce heat to medium-low.
- Cook, uncovered, for 8 to 10 minutes or until liquid is absorbed.
- Top with sour cream, avocado, coriander and limes. Enjoy x