These no-bake energy bars are vegan, gluten-free, packed full of nutrition and taste amazing!
Chocolate Energy Bars
1 cup almond meal
1/3 cup flaxseeds
1/3 sunflower seeds
1/3 cup pumpkin seeds
1 Tbsp cocoa powder
2 tsp cinnamon
1 cup dates
2-3 Tbsp water
2/3 cup chocolate chips (use DF to make recipe DF and vegan)
1 Tbsp coconut oil
- Place the almond meal, seeds, cocoa powder, cinnamon, dates in a food processor and process until it sticks together. Add in water to create a sticky consistency.
- Line a small baking pan with some baking paper and press the dough into the pan.
- Melt the coconut oil and chocolate chips in a saucepan over low heat, stirring often until melted. Pour the chocolate over the bars and place in the fridge for 20 mins until set.
- Carefully lift the bars out of the pan and let sit at room temperature 5-10 minutes to allow the chocolate to soften slightly.
- Run a sharp knife under hot water for 10-seconds then dry and score the bars into 12 small bars.
- Store in a sealed container in the fridge for up to 2 weeks or freezer for up to 3 months.