This traditional curry is packed full of nutrient dense ingredients and is super tasty. Serve with cauliflower or basmati rice and garnish with coriander for that extra added flavour.
2 medium organic chicken breasts trimmed, cut into 3cm pieces
340gram package organic spinach leaves
1 cup ceres organics full fat coconut milk
½ onion, chopped
1 garlic clove, minced
2 inch knob fresh ginger, grated
1 tsp smoked paprika
1 tsp cayenne pepper
1 tsp turmeric powder
1 tsp garam masala
½ tsp pink Himalayan salt
¼ tsp black pepper
1 Tbsp coconut oil
Cauliflower or Basmati rice for serving
Garnish with coriander (optional)
- Sprinkle the juice of half a lemon over the chicken. Season with ginger and ground spices (paprika, cayenne, turmeric, garam masala, salt and black pepper) Set aside.
- Heat ½ tablespoon coconut oil in a large frying pan or cast iron skillet/pan over medium heat. Cook onion until softened. Add garlic and cook until fragrant then add spinach. Cook for 5 minutes or until spinach has wilted. Remove to blender and leave it there to cool.
- Heat the remaining ½ tablespoon coconut oil in the same skillet. Add chicken cubes and cook until done.
- Add coconut milk to the blender with the spinach mixture and blend until smooth. Add this mixture to the pan with chicken. Cook, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat.
- Serve with piping hot cauliflower rice or basmati rice and garnish with coriander, if using.