You can make this recipe gluten free if you use GF oats instead. Whip this up on a Sunday and it should last you the whole week (that is if the other family members don’t get into it). High in protein, fibre, zinc and fatty acids, this muesli will be a great start to your day!
1 1/2 cups oats (or GF)
1 1/2 buckwheat granules
1 tsp cinnamon
1 Tbsp cacao powder
1/2 cup mixed seeds (I used sunflower and pumpkin)
4 Tbsp chia seeds
1 cup mixed nuts (almonds, cashews, walnuts, hazelnuts, etc)
3/4 cup shredded coconut
3 Tbsp almond butter
1/2 cup coconut oil
1 Tbsp honey
1/2 cup dried fruit (cranberries)
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius and pre-line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Combine oats, buckwheat granules, cinnamon, cacao powder, mixed seeds, chia seeds, nuts and shredded coconut together in a bowl.
- Place coconut oil, almond butter and honey in a saucepan over medium heat and mix until melted.
- Pour wet mixture into dry ingredients and combine then scatter over baking tray and place in oven for 15-20 minutes until nice and crunchy.
- Take out of oven and add dried fruit. Keep in stored container for up to one week or freeze for future use.
- Serve with fresh berries, coconut or greek yoghurt, protein powder and some almond/ coconut milk.