These simple and tasty beef burger patties will be a winner with the family on a Friday night! When you make your own burger you, have control of what goes in them and can pack them full of nutritious ingredients! These patties are great to use as a leftover lunch meal the next day where you can add to a salad, put in a wrap or make another burger!
Beef Burger with Kumara Fries
500gm premium beef mince
1/4 cup oats
1.5-2 Tbsp curry powder
1 Tbsp paprika
1 tsp chilli flakes
2-3 Tbsp tomato chutney
1 Tbsp Worcester sauce
2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
300-500gms Kumara, sliced into chip sizes
3-4 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
4 sprigs of rosemary
- To serve
Wholemeal/ GF/ Paleo Buns Lettuce, sliced tomato, beetroot, gherkins, grated carrot, avocado, shredded cheese, tomato relish
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees fan bake.
- Combine mince, curry powder, oats, egg, seasonings, tomato chutney, Worcester sauce and chilli flakes. Use a tablespoon and roll out mixture to form approx 10-12 small balls then press down with a fork into a meat pattie. You can choose to make these large patties or smaller ones- whatever your preference.
- For the kumara fries- Place fries onto a baking tray lined with baking paper and drizzle with olive oil. Season with salt/ pepper and rosemary. Bake in oven for 30-35 mins until crispy.
- Heat a fry pan over medium heat with 2 Tbsp olive oil. Place patties into fry pan and cook at medium heat for approx five mins each side (or cooked to your liking).
- Plate up onto some wholemeal/ paleo/ GF buns and add your toppings (my fav are grated carrot/ beetroot, tomato relish, tomatoes, spinach, gherkins, cheese and sunflower seeds).
Serve with the kumara fries and a side salad.